Monday, February 16, 2015

MY FIRST. . . . VALENTINE'S DAY

Well this week was just awesome! And since we can´t chat I will try and be a little more descriptive. Just know that I probably won´t actually be that descriptive cause I can't remember a thing!

So Tuesday, we had an appointment with that 22 year old named Isis and her husband, who is a police officer, and he is super hard. That's not the funny part we brought an hermano from the ward cause she's likes to try to pull wikeke sneakies if you catch my drift. This hermano is named Aldo, RM, great guy, and she was like really interested and just really wanted him to come back, so that got us thinking oh crap, what is her husband gonna do. So we were telling the story to Elder Talavera, and Elder Miranda, Elder Bentson was on divisions, and we were like crap her husband is in the police, he's gonna kill us, then Elder Miranda says, "Elder Samaniego you don´t need to worry you will be gone in two weeks, he´s only gonna kill elder ludlow!" I was like crap.... I am gonna die!!! haha so ya theres that.

Then Wednesday we went to a less active members house to teach him in the morning and he gave us breakfast, we had fish for breakfast... kinda weird I know.... but it wasn't bad, it's called like jurel or something like that! Elder Talavera also told me that I was talking in my sleep, big surprise there... not! But he said that i was teaching a lesson, in spanish! and he said it sounded good! So how legit is that?? haha

Thursday I don't even remember what happened, Friday we had our noche misional, where we did a noche de tacos, for those of you who don't speak Spanish that's NIGHT OF TACOS!! We cooked tacos like all day. It was kinda cool and we cooked everything, we mad the tortillas and all. We had so much but i forgot to take pictures so ya my bad! But every one in the ward is super pumped, and we have like two more family nights this week where we are going to make tacos. A BOO YA! 

Saturday, was the first Valentines day that i have passed. And wow what a special day!! It was also my first baptism and we were able to do it in Charcas! (After a long dispute with the assistants) haha so we were supposed to leave at 9 in the morning, but thanks to PST (Peruvian Standard Time) We didn't leave til about 11:30. We were there until about 6 cause after which the ward had an activity where they played in the lake, which was straight torture for us cause we cant get in the lake. Anyway, back to the baptism, so we went off to some secluded place cause there was people and we wanted it to be better, so all the people were standing on rocks, after we climbed some to get to a secluded area. Then we went out and stood on some rocks in the water. Well when I went to do it my mind went blank and totally forgot what to say... Then i finally remembered and baptized him. As I put him in to water i had to take a step back to pull him up, well there wasn't rock where I stepped and I slipped and almost fell in the water all the way! haha it was funny but it was super cool as well!! The water felt so good, and it just made me want to go to Newport (Mom make note of that ;) ) 

Sunday was just a normal Sunday but we went and contacted families. We went in the night in a prime spot of town to find families, and the funny thing that happened is about to come. So we walked by this girl, just a 20 or 21 year old girl i think, and said buenas noches, and she was super excited to see us, we weren´t trying to contact or anything just said hi, but she was just so excited and wow it was kinda weird. Then we continued contacting and as we were contacting a family, about 15 minutes later, she came up tapped us on the shoulder with balloons in her hand and said, "Happy valentines day hermanos!" And then disappeared into the darkness of the night. It was really funny and made me feel good cause finally I got something for valentines day!!!!! haha we wanted to find her to try and talk to her to see if she was a member but ya nope.

Well there's the weekly report, hopefully this was enough cause this truly was a struggle to try and remember all of this!! haha One point of advice, if you guys would like it would be cool if you sent pictures in your emails!!!! por favor!! haha well the church is true, I love it here, and I'll see you in a little less than two! ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment