Monday, December 15, 2014

Is it Monday Yet?

Well Monday is finally here and it's been an eternity. I can definitely say this was one of the hardest weeks of my life. Tuesday I was so sick, pretty sure I had strep throat. I felt like garbage all day, and thought, "How can I make it through this for two years?" I talked to Elder Bentson and he said his first week he was super sick to so and that he had to take a day of rest, I woke up Wednesday and he looks at me and goes, 'Elder don't even think about work today, just rest it will help," It definitely helped and by Thursday I felt so much better. Well that's not all that has been hard this week, I have been super stressed, Yes dad i have read out of the green book, and it has helped but still super stressed. I love my companion but he does things that get on my nerves, he is not punctual at all, which I've learned is just a Latino thing, but its so frustrating cause the lord wont bless us if we aren't on time. Just little things are really getting to me this week and I'm trying to just ignore them. We have had about as much success as i have had solid poop since being out here, (maybe one or two times). So ya that's how my week went. We had our Christmas dinner this Friday and that was actually pretty fun. We also had a dog follow us around for about an hour or two yesterday as we went to our appointments. It was pretty funny.
>
> a couple random things, Sister Harbertson, her name is Vicki, totally reminds me of Mrs, Houmand. And the fact they have the same name seals it! Its pretty awesome, and during our conference this week she was teaching English to the Latinos, and it was like I was back in Kindergarten. It was so funny!
>
> We watched the Christmas devotional last night and that was cool, but totally reminded me of home... Which was hard! and it was in Spanish so that kinda sucked! haha
>
> another thing which was one of our few successes, after We had gone to an appointment and the family wasn't there, we just kinda waited for a little, I sat down and I prayed, just asking heavenly father for something, and I kid you not five seconds after saying Amen, an old man was walking up the street pushing his bike cart thing. I instantly said "Vamos"and we went. Apparently this guy is the uncle of a member so he knew about the church. SO we set an appt up for the next day, as we went to his house a kid answered the door we asked if the guy was there and he wasn't. but he was the Nephew of this same guy. The kid didn't even know this guy. Which is weird cause they were all family. Who knows if this is true, but i wouldn't doubt for a minute that that man was an angel, that heavenly father sent just to say, Hey I'm still here don't worry. It was an incredible experience.
>
> One thing I found out that Grandma and Grandpa Ludlow love dad more than my parents love me. i decided this because of a scripture i read. DC 11:7. "Behold he that hath Eternal life is rich." well dad you are really lucky! I know what i am naming my son! I love you all so much keep praying for me! Talk to you all soon!!
>
> LOVE ELDER LUDLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment